Baxalta adheres to the EFPIA Code of Practice on relationships between the pharmaceutical industry and patient organizations.
What is the EFPIA Patient Organization Code?
In order to ensure that relationships between the pharmaceutical industry and patient organizations take place in an ethical and transparent manner, EFPIA has adopted the EFPIA Code of Practice on Relationships between the Pharmaceutical Industry and Patient Organizations (The EFPIA Patient Organization (PO) Code)
This Code builds upon the following principles that EFPIA, together with pan-European patient organizations, subscribed to:
1. The independence of patient organizations, in terms of their political judgment, policies and activities, shall be assured.
2. All partnerships between patient organizations and the pharmaceutical industry shall be based on mutual respect, with the views and decisions of each partner having equal value.
3. The pharmaceutical industry shall not request, nor shall patient organizations undertake, the promotion of a particular prescription-only medicine.
4. The objectives and scope of any partnership shall be transparent. Financial and nonfinancial support provided by the pharmaceutical industry shall always be clearly acknowledged.
5. The pharmaceutical industry welcomes broad funding of patient organizations from multiple sources.
What is the implication of EFPIA Patient Organization Code for Baxalta?
As a member of EFPIA, Baxalta has committed to adhere to the EFPIA Codes of Conduct, including the Code for working with Patient Organizations.
The Code requires mandatory disclosure of financial and significant indirect / non-financial support to patient organizations as well as of agreements under which patient organizations have provided paid-for services.
All funding provided (including the organization to which it was provided, the nature of the support and the amount of support provided) will be disclosed publicly on an annual basis both on EFPIA site and Baxalta public site.
Download our July 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015 report
For further information please contact: email@example.com